Craving a delicious pizza? Wonder no more about how much food you can get out of that 14 inch pie. We understand the dilemma we all face when ordering our favorite go-to snack—how big is a 14 inch pizza? With this venue, step right up for an answer to your question! Pizza-lovers alike, we’ve got some interesting news for you. From omni-directional dough-tossing techniques and the size of a conventional kitchen oven, find out what goes into estimating just how large of an area those fourteen inches span.
- 1 Nutritional Value Of Pizza
- 2 Types Of 14 Inch Pizzas
- 3 How Big Is A 14 Inch Pizza?
- 4 How Many Slices Are In A 14-Inch Pizza?
- 5 How Many People Does A 14 Inch Pizza Feed?
- 6 How Much Are 14 Inch Pizza Calories?
- 7 How Much Does A 14 Inch Pizza Cost?
- 8 How To Make A 14 Inch Pizza At Home?
- 9 Ingredients
- 10 Instructions
- 11 How To Cut 14-Inch Pizza?
- 12 Serving And Eating Pizza
Nutritional Value Of Pizza
A 14-inch pizza is approximately one slice of homemade pizza, which typically contains between 150 and 200 calories, 22 to 30 grams of carbs, 12 to 15 grams of protein, and 3 to 5 grams of fat. However, these values may vary depending on the type of crust and toppings used. For example, a thin-crust pizza will have fewer carbs and calories than a deep-dish or stuffed crust pizza.
Types Of 14 Inch Pizzas
Choose the right style of pizza based on size:
- Thin crust: Crispy crust goes well with any favorite topping.
- Deep dish: The thicker crust is sure to satisfy your hunger.
- Stuffed crust: The outer layer also contains classic toppings. …
- Flatbread: The crust goes flat, light, and crispy so guests can enjoy more side dishes.
- Sicilian style: Thick, rectangular crust with more sauce and toppings.
How Big Is A 14 Inch Pizza?
So, how big is a 14 inch pizza? A 14-inch pizza is typically divided into 10 equal slices, each measuring approximately 15 square inches in size. However, this can vary depending on the shape of the pizza (e.g. round or square) and how evenly it is cut into slices. With each slice containing around 15 square inches of pizza, a 14-inch pie has a total area of approximately 150 square inches. This means that a 14-inch pizza is about the size of a medium-sized pizza and can easily feed three to four people, making it perfect for sharing with friends or family.
How Many Slices Are In A 14-Inch Pizza?
A 14-inch pizza typically measures about 14 inches in diameter and is typically cut into 10 slices. It is commonly chosen for game nights or relaxed evenings at home. If you’re hosting a party or have a large appetite, consider ordering more than one 14-inch pizza. With around 10 slices in each pie, everyone can get their fair share without going hungry.
How Many People Does A 14 Inch Pizza Feed?
A 14-inch pizza can comfortably feed four individuals. This size is recommended for small groups or when complementing a light meal with other food options. If you’re planning on serving pizza as the main course, it is best to order at least one 14-inch pizza per every four people. However, this can vary depending on individual appetites and whether or not there are other dishes being served.
How Much Are 14 Inch Pizza Calories?
On average, a 14-inch pizza contains around 300 calories per slice. However, this can vary depending on the type of crust and toppings used. If you’re watching your calorie intake, opt for a thin crust pizza with vegetable toppings instead of a deep-dish or stuffed crust pizza with meat toppings. Also, consider portion control and enjoy just one or two slices alongside a healthy side dish or salad.
How Much Does A 14 Inch Pizza Cost?
If you’re a connoisseur of this circular classic for streaming movies or watching the big game on your large screen, you’ll pay approximately $17 for a 14-inch cheese pie. That’s almost the same size as the national average of $17.81. Ordering extra toppings such as pepperoni, sausage, or vegetables can increase the cost by an additional $2 to $3 per topping. However, prices may vary depending on location and restaurant menu.
How To Make A 14 Inch Pizza At Home?
Making a 14-inch pizza at home is easier than you may think! All you need is some basic kitchen equipment and ingredients. Here’s a simple recipe for making your own delicious 14-inch pizza right in the comfort of your own home.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pizza sauce
- Cheese (your choice of type and amount)
- Toppings of your choice (e.g. pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, etc.)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the warm water and olive oil together. Add the active dry yeast and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and flour to the mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes, then place it in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rise for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and place a pizza stone or baking sheet inside while the oven is preheating.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until it’s about 14 inches in diameter.
- Transfer the dough onto the heated pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Spread your desired amount of pizza sauce onto the dough, leaving 1 inch around the edges.
- Sprinkle cheese and your desired toppings on top of the sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
How To Cut 14-Inch Pizza?
Cutting a 14-inch pizza may seem like a daunting task, but with the right technique and tools, it can be a breeze. Here are some tips for cutting your large pie into equal slices:
- Use a sharp pizza cutter or knife to make clean cuts without tearing the crust.
- Start by cutting the pizza in half, then cut each half into halves again (creating four equal quarters).
- Next, cut each quarter into halves again (creating eight equal eighths).
- Finally, cut each eighth in half to create a total of 10 slices.
- If you prefer smaller or larger slices, simply adjust the number of cuts accordingly.
Serving And Eating Pizza
Now that your 14-inch pizza is ready, it’s time to serve and enjoy! Here are some tips for serving and eating your delicious homemade creation:
- Use a large serving plate or cutting board to accommodate the size of the pizza.
- If you have a pizza peel, use it to easily transfer the pizza from the oven to the serving dish.
- Serve with additional toppings such as red pepper flakes, grated parmesan cheese, and dried oregano for additional flavor.
- Cut the pizza into slices before serving, or serve with a pizza cutter on the side so that each person can cut their own slice.
- Eat your pizza hot and fresh for the best taste experience.
- Don’t forget to save leftovers for later! Reheat in the oven or microwave for a quick and easy meal.
Chef John Sebastian has been cooking up a storm at his simple place for years. Offering a variety of international foods, Chef John Sebastian has something for everyone- and he makes it all look easy!
He’s been featured in various food magazines and cooking shows, and his restaurant has become a local favorite in the community. When he’s not in the kitchen, Chef John Sebastian enjoys spending time with his family.